Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cheers, week 3!

Oh my goodness, I still cannot believe how quickly time has been flying! I think that somehow, I've subconsciously convinced myself that I live here, go to school here, and kind of work here (aka living the life of a local) so I'm a bit shocked that I have to leave so soon! Today I had my second observation and it went great! It was called the "Theme Park Maths Challenge" (and yes, I did say 'maths' - hard to get used to saying it like that). I had stayed up really late the night before prepping for the lesson. I spent a good hour working on designing my theme park to use as a model for them, and they saw it for like 10 seconds...that's teaching I guess! I also showed them a short video clip about Universal Studios, which they loved. But my professor said my lesson went really well and so that made me feel at ease. She said that I was calm, confident, and had a positive demeanor with the kids. (Little did she know I was actually incredibly nervous -- these big kids intimidate me!)


For the first part of the morning, though, I did a peer observation at Great Abington Primary School. This was also a village school but REALLY small. There was one classroom per grade and the whole school had 100-something students! I'm really excited about our field trip to Mepal tomorrow!! Woooo! I also found out that I've been recruited for another field trip on Monday to a place that I cannot remember. All I know is that I have to "dress up like a Tudor". "What in the world does that mean?" I thought. Well, you know....a smock, apron, bonnet....that kind of thing. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment