Friday, July 9, 2010

A Sad Day in Cambridge :(

Well, it's 12:30am, my bags are packed and I think I'm pretty much set to leave for the 3 hour bus ride to the airport within the next couple of hours. Today was a sad day at school! I feel really blessed to have been welcomed as a part of the Cottenham family over the past few weeks. My teacher has been fantastic - very accommodating and she always made sure to include me. When Traci, Amanda, and I pulled up to school this morning we were surprised to see that they replaced their school flag with the American flag as a way to honor us. Also, I had to say bye to about half of my class (the other half are on a week-long field trip). Many of them made me cards or wrote notes saying that they will miss me. I wrote all 30 of them a note on Florida postcards that I brought with me along with "silly bands" (the latest craze among elementary school kids in the states). I've learned so much about teaching and about myself through this experience and hopefully I can put what I have learned into practice sometime in the future. Thanks for reading and following along with my adventures in Cambridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment