Tuesday, June 29, 2010

half way there :(

This week seems like it might now be as eventful as last week. The kids have been working on a science assessment (which takes a couple hours each day) and swimming. It's an experiment with jelly (jello) in which they have to figure out the best method to dissolve it in water. They also have an all-day field trip on Friday to Mepal (which I'm REALLY excited about!). Anyways, the only lesson I'm doing this week is a "maths" lesson, "Theme Park Challenge" on Thursday afternoon with Year 6!!! Right now I'm waiting for seminar to begin, but I'll definitely be planning it tonight. Basically, the kids will have 2 hours to think up, plan, and design their own theme park using a budget of 500,000 pounds. This is also going to be my 2nd professor observation...so let's just hope it goes well. I'm going to throw in a couple management tricks because the kids tend to get ridiculously noisy and it's starting to drive me crazy!! ;)


I feel so dumb for NOT packing a swim suit or shorts seeing that we're going to Mepal on Friday. From what I've heard, it's pretty much a big lake where the kids will get to do all sorts of water sports and activities. So....I think I might have to painfully spend a few pounds downtown going shopping for a bathing suit. I guess I packed too lightly....but when I thought of England, I never thought of sunny weather. And this week has been HOT! Like mid 80s and SUNNY! I could have stayed in FL for that kinda weather. :/ Anyways, it's getting late and I have to get to planning for my big lesson on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment