Wednesday, July 7, 2010

the time of my life!



Wow! Here I am with 2 more days of teaching left - crazy!! As I'm thinking, I'm definitely glad that I came and have learned so much from my teachers, professors, and fellow future teachers. I had my last observation today by Dr. Parker and despite the fact that my 45 minute lesson had to be crunched into 20 minutes, it went really well! It was a numeracy lesson on pentominoes with a little bit of area and perimeter. It's hard to describe but basically pentominoes are shapes made up of 5 squares and there are 12 of them total. Both of my teachers said that I've improved a lot with classroom management and timing, so that was relieving to hear! Personally, I feel like I've gained a lot more confidence explaining things (aka modeling, in teacher terms) and just being "in charge" of 30 kids. Just when I started getting into the swing of things, it's time to leave. :(


I'm going to be sad to leave this country, Cottenham, and my students, but I guess I'm ready to come home now. Tomorrow night we're going out with our teachers so that should be fun! And tonight, in the next few minutes actually, we have our Final Celebration at Lucy Cavendish College. We made a video and I will try to upload it onto here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment