Friday, July 2, 2010

The start of another great weekend

As I mentioned earlier, all the Year 5's took a day trip to Mepal today and I got to go! (Will have pics soon.) It is basically an outdoor activity center and there is a huge lake. You can check it out at mepal.co.uk. Our group had kayaking first - which was a lot of fun, but really cold whilst sitting on the lake with wind blowing. We each had our own kayak and the instructors led us through the lake and we did different games. Then the boys went rock climbing. For the last activity, I went with Miss Page's group through the Trust Trail. They make you wear special goggles that blind you and your partner has to lead you through an intense obstacle course -- walking on logs, doing the army crawl under a log on dirt, climbing things, etc. It was fun and I was exhausted! On the bus ride home, I thought to myself, "I could definitely go for a cider tonight..."





So, after getting home a few of the girls and I decided to hunt for food. We heard about a mexican restaurant nearby (Nanna Mexico) and after all the food I've seen, I'm willing to try just about anything new! The food there was really good - a burrito with horchata tea. Oh, and if you don't believe me about the food, I included a picture of a sample menu at a pub that many of us frequent since it is just a hop and skip away from our house....see for yourself! Anyways, we wanted to stop somewhere for cider, so we settled on "All Bar One," an upscale restaurant/lounge (not a pub at all) that is really close to our house. I had pear cider :) It was so nice to relax and not have to worry about school for a couple days. On our walk home, we had to pass through Parker's Peice (the ginormous park across from our house). There were still handfuls of groups of people hanging out in random patches of grass, so we decided to stay for a while and stargaze...until it got "cold". Tomorrow is LONDON!!! And I'm really excited!!!!!!!







Proof: "Hot camcattle ox tongue sandwich with walnut mustard, guinea fowl, devilled lamb kidneys, and as always, you can get one of the sausages of the day with mash and gravy!" I think one of these days I might be brave and venture for something daring.



Oh and I forgot to mention that I did my 3rd kickball lesson for PE. And yes, it actually follows the structure of a real lesson with an introduction, the game, and follow up with pointers, etc. My teacher evaluates me when I do them, so it's a bit of added pressure. Basically I'm the ref and have to be loud and make all the calls. Seeing that I don't really enjoy shouting for extended periods of time, it's been kind of challenging. The kids love to play it though since it's much easier than softball. The boys got really into the game, though, and made a girl cry which my teacher handled, thank goodness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment